• Poster
  • Image
  • Share
  • Region
  • Tag

Community Posts

Minami Alps Tourism Association
Mar. 27, 2024
【Open to the public once every 33 years】Hattasan Choukokuji Temple 3 days from March 16 ~ 18, 2024. Once every 33 years, the secret Buddha, the eleven-sided Kannon statue, was opened to the public. Harashichigo Kanseon Bodhisattva, which was called the guardian Kannon of Hara Nanago, has been worshipped by people since ancient times. During the three days of the open to the public, many people crowded with prayers. In addition, the main hall has been designated as an important cultural property of Japan as a valuable building that preserves the architectural style of the Muromachi period. This year also marks the 500th anniversary of the reconstruction of the main hall.
View More
  • Yamanashi Prefecture
  • Minami-Alps
  • Japan
  • Sightseeing
  • Important Cultural Properties
  • Events
  • Spring
  • Instagrammable
  • Temple
  • Photography
  • ...and 5 others
Shizuoka, Matsuzaki Tourism Association
Mar. 11, 2024
【Sea Cucumber Wall】 The name "sea cucumber wall" comes from the style of sticking flat tiles to the wall and plastering the joints to make them look like sea cucumbers. It has excellent fire prevention, heat retention, and moisture retention, and is a construction method for exterior walls that was seen in various places from the Meiji era to the early Showa period, but it has decreased year by year due to aging and rebuilding. Currently, it is found in Matsuzaki Town and Shimoda City in Izu, and in Kurashiki City in Okayama Prefecture and Higashihiroshima City in Hiroshima Prefecture nationwide. There are still more than 190 buildings left in Matsuzaki, retaining their old-fashioned taste. Sea cucumber walls have become rare in Japan. It is regarded as an important resource in the town and is actively engaged in conservation activities. Even now, there are plasterers who can make sea cucumber walls, and in addition to passing on techniques and improving the cityscape by repairing them, the "Matsuzaki Kura Creation Team" made up of local volunteers is promoting conservation and awareness-raising campaigns. The sea cucumber wall exists as a matter of course, but it is only because of the desire and efforts of these craftsmen and townspeople to "leave local resources for the future" that they can be preserved.
View More
Taiki Tourism Association
Mar. 4, 2024
【Introduction of deep spots in Taiki Town】 📍 Former JNR Hiroo Line Taiki Station Ruins In Taiki Town, there are still the remains of the station building of the Hiroo Line, a railway connecting Obihiro and Hiroo, which operated until Showa 62. Taiju Station opened in 1930 (Showa 5), and at its peak, the number of passengers per day exceeded 1,000 Use. The place where the tracks used to be is now a square called "Taiju Traffic Park", and the station building still remains. You can't go inside the building, but if you look through the window, you can see that the ticket gates and waiting rooms are still there. On the remains of the platform, there are still station name signs and signal levers. In Hakurin Park on the north side of Taiki Town Town Hall, the SL "No. 59611", which ran on the Hiroo Line until 1975 (Showa 50) after being active in various parts of Hokkaido, is on display. It seems that it was installed at the urging of SL fans in the town. Why don't you come and feel the remnants of the railway running in Taiki Town?
View More
  • Taikicho, Hokkaido Prefecture
  • Hokkaido Prefecture
  • Railroad
  • Abandoned railway
  • Steam engine
  • station
  • Showa Retro
  • History
  • Architecture
  • Tokachi
Atami Tourism Association
Feb. 18, 2024
Soshisha This is the residence where Meiji writer Tsubouchi, who is also famous as a translator of Shakespeare, spent 15 years from 1920 (Taisho 9)) to his death in 1935 (Showa 10)). Tsubouchi lived in Ara-lodging (present-day Ginza-cho) for about nine years, translating Shakespeare's plays and writing plays such as "Starry Night in the Shadows" and "The Last of the Righteous Time," but when the quiet lodging became noisy and he could no longer concentrate on his writing, he built this new Sokakisha in Mizuguchi-cho. It came to be called "Soshisha" after the fact that there are two large persimmon trees that are said to be more than 300 years old. In the mansion, there is a tower-shaped bookstore and a brush mound, and the oblate of the gate by Aizu Yaichi's brush is also a highlight. * You can tour the garden and the bookstore. < Middle Gate> The inscription "雙柿屋" on the oblong is written by Yaichi Aizu (Akiyo Michijin). Terayama Takuboku Engraving (1923 (Taisho 12)) < Main Building (Guest Room, Study> The tea room, the couple's living room, and the study on the second floor of the main building were used for special occasions such as creative work and volatilization. <Persimmon tree> One of the old persimmons that gave the name of Shuangkakisha fell due to a typhoon in Showa 54 (1979). "Standing in the winter garden with a skinny king, the appearance of the lid and persimmon is interesting" "Two persimmons, dyeing the gate with the setting sun" * Since the remaining one tree was also in a state of withering, in February 1999 (Heisei 11) (1999), we received a donation of Hachiya persimmons from Minokamo City, Gifu Prefecture, the birthplace of Haruka, and planted a tree. <Brush> It was erected in the 3rd year of Showa 12) (1937) at the thought of his wife. The stone is a natural Tsukuba stone. Underneath this, a brush and a fountain pen used by Xiaoyao are housed in a granite box. The inscription on the monument is Aizu Yaichi. <Monument of Fukunoyu> It was built in Mizuguchien in 1932 (Showa 7) (1932) and moved to Sokakisha in 2007 (Heisei 19) (2007). Nebu River stone with a height of 207 cm, a width of 122 cm, and a thickness of 22 cm. On the occasion of the success of the hot spring spring in Showa 3) (1928), Saiharu named it Fukunoyu, but when erecting a monument describing its origin in Showa 7) (1932), he wrote the title and inscription at the request of Yoshio Mizutani, the owner of Mizuguchi Garden. "Oyster fields to be seen in the old days around here, Yae Yakusei Heru to Kabe Narishi, In view of the changing needs of the time with the large house of the village and Mizutani Nushi, a part of the end of the 11th year of Taisho was turned into an amusement park, and in the fall of Showa 2, the construction was completed as expected in July of the following year, and it was not necessary to order the name of the hot spring and to publish the origin of it.  The land west of the Hatsukawa River is believed to be only a spring vein, and although it is a provisional decree, it always comes to failure, and the vine is the one who has done so before any of the lords of the garden. For the prosperity of this garden, and for the sake of the prosperity of this garden, and for the sake of the prosperity of this garden, and for the sake of the prosperity of this garden, and for the sake of the prosperity of this garden, and for the sake of the fountain, and for the sake of the well, the name of the hot spring is the name of the bath.  August Lucky Day of the 7th year of the Showa era, the persimmon of the house next door, the bald brush is also signed." < kiln-style incinerator> Ikuta Fukuzo. "If this is the handicraft of a lucky man who does not know the pain of an easy furnace." "Two sweet potatoes in the kiln with Ume plum blooming" <Yabu camellia> In 1995, the 60th anniversary of his death, in 1995 (Heisei 7), a "Yabu camellia" was presented and planted by Minokamo City, Gifu Prefecture, where Haruka was born. <Shoyoushooku> Completed in Showa 3) (1928). Haruka's own design that is a fusion of Japanese, Chinese and Western. The body and roof of the tower represent harmony, the column and tortoise belly represent Han, and the battlement on the roof represents the West. The leaves of the kazami (kingfisher) on the tower are by Tomiyasu Aida. Jade is a reference to a phrase in Shakespeare's "Kinglyah." <East Building> Built as a retreat for his wife. Completed in 1934 (Showa 9). ----------------- <Tsubouchi Saiharu Cemetery> "Kaizoji Temple": A 3-minute walk south of Sokakisha. Legal name: "雙柹院始終逍遥居士" Address: 〒413-0016 Shizuoka Prefecture Atami City Mizuguchi-cho 11-17 Phone number: 0557-86-6232 (Cultural Exchange Office, Lifelong Learning Division, Atami City (weekdays only)) Access/ ■ About 10 minutes Use bus bound for Ainohara from JR Atami Station→ Get off in front of Kurimiya Station → about 10 minutes on foot ■ About 10 minutes Use taxi from JR Atami Station Hours: Open only on Saturdays and Sundays 10:00~16:00 Free of charge Parking/None
View More
  • Japanese garden
  • Architecture
  • Atami
  • Shizuoka Prefecture
  • Japan
  • Izu Peninsula/Izu Archipelago
Atami Tourism Association
Feb. 16, 2024
Former Hyuga Family Atami Bettei (Former Hyuga Bettei) Toshibei Hyuga, who was active in Asian trade, completed the construction in 1936 (Showa 11) as a separate residence. The design of the wooden two-story main house is by Hitoshi Watanabe, who is known for his designs for Wako in Ginza, Tokyo, the Tokyo National Museum in Ueno, Tokyo, and the Aichi Prefectural Office. The basement was designed by Bruno Taut, a world-renowned German architect, and is the only surviving architectural work left by Taut in Japan. It consists of three rooms: a social room with plenty of bamboo and paulownia, a Western-style room with a staircase as part of the room, and a Japanese-style room, and is designed with the beauty of Japanese style such as Katsura Imperial Palace and Ise Jingu Shrine in mind. After Mr. Hyuga's death, it was carefully used as a recreation center for a private company, but in 2004 (Heisei 16), when it was facing the danger of demolition, it was acquired by Atami City with a donation from a philanthropist living in Tokyo. In 2006, it was designated as an important cultural property of Japan. More than 80 years have passed since its completion, and there has been an urgent need for repair projects to improve damage and earthquake resistance due to deterioration over time, and a large-scale conservation and repair project was carried out from FY2018 (Heisei 30) to FY2021 (Reiwa 3). In August 2022, it was reopened to the public with as much preservation and reproduction as possible of the condition it was in at the time of construction. * The tour is a complete advance reservation system (online reservation only). For details and reservations, please check the Atami City Office website. Address: 〒413-0005 Shizuoka Prefecture Atami City Kasuga-cho 8-37 Phone number: 0557-86-6232 (Cultural Exchange Office, Lifelong Learning Division, Atami City: Weekdays only) Access: About 10 minutes on foot from JR Atami Station Open: Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays 9:00~17:00 shift system *Online reservation required Price: 1,000 yen for adults, 700 yen for junior high and high school students Parking/None
View More
  • Architecture
  • Traditional culture
  • Art
  • Photography
  • Instagrammable
  • Atami
  • Izu Peninsula/Izu Archipelago
  • Shizuoka Prefecture
  • Japan
Atami Tourism Association
Feb. 14, 2024
Kiunkaku Kiunkaku is based on a famous residence built as a villa in 1919 (Taisho 8) and praised as "Atami's Three Great Villas". In 1947 (1947 (Showa 22)), it was reborn as a ryokan, and as a representative lodging of Atami, it has welcomed many guests for lodging nights, and has been loved by Japan's leading literary figures such as Yuzo Yamamoto, Naoya Shiga, Junichiro Tanizaki, Osamu Dazai, Seiichi Funahashi, and Taijun Takeda. It is currently open to the public as a cultural property of Atami City. A lush garden that doesn't look like an urban area. Away from the main building (Japanese-style) that preserves the beauty of Japanese houses. A Western-style building with a unique atmosphere that fuses Japanese, Chinese, European, and other decorations and styles. These exquisite and elegant properties will be passed on to future generations as a historical and cultural heritage. Please take a look. Address: 〒413-0022 4-2 Showa-cho, Atami City, Shizuoka Prefecture Phone number: 0557-86-3101 Access/ ■ From JR Atami Station, take a bus bound for Ainohara Complex, Ume Plum Garden, Nishiyama, or Hakone (or Shimizu Town circulation) for about 10 minutes → get off at Kiunkaku-mae. ■ About 10 minutes by bus bound for Momijigaoka from JR Atami Station→ get off at Tenjincho → about 2 minutes on foot ■ Yu ~ Yu ~ Bus Use→ get off at Kiunkaku West Exit and walk for about 2 minutes Business hours: 9:00~17:00 (Admission until 16:30) Closed: Every Wednesday (open on public holidays), year-end (12/26~30) Price: 610 yen for adults (460 yen for groups), 360 yen for junior high and high school students (240 yen for groups), free for elementary school students and younger Parking lot / 37 regular cars (free) * Medium-sized buses of 9 meters or less are allowed, large buses are not allowed.
View More
  • Japanese garden
  • Taisho period
  • Taisho Roman
  • Showa Retro
  • Traditional culture
  • Architecture
  • History
  • Instagrammable
  • Sightseeing
  • Photography
  • ...and 5 others

Recommended Articles