Terms and Conditions of Use
- The terms and conditions of use shown here (hereinafter referred to as the “Terms and Conditions”), set forth by Ultimedia Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) apply to all actions taken by users using the Service provided by the Company.
- These Terms and Conditions set forth the terms and conditions of use of the Services. Users shall use the Service in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The definitions of the terms used in these Terms and Conditions are as follows:
- The term “the Site” refers to “COOL JAPAN VIDEOS” (https://cooljapan-videos.com/en), operated by the Company.
- The term “the Service” refers to all services provided on the Site.
- The term “member” refers to all persons/entities that have registered as a member to use the Site.
- The term “user” refers to all persons/entities (including members) who use the Site and/or the Service.
- The term “social media account” refers to a member’s own account in a social networking service or other services provided by a third party that is used to log in to the Site.
- The term “social login” refers to a login function that uses a member’s own social media account or other services provided by a third party to log in to the Site.
- The term “email address” refers to an email address registered with a social networking service or other account provided by a third party for the purpose of logging in to the Site.
- The term “account information” refers to a user’s name, gender, date of birth, nationality, email address, etc. that they provide when registering as a member.
- The term “post” refers to the act of a member writing text or uploading images on the Site through the “home” page or “MyPage.”
- The term “article” refers to content pages consisting of videos and video descriptions, content pages consisting of images and image descriptions, and any information accompanying these content pages provided by the Site.
- The term “comment” refers to the posting of text to articles on the Site, the posting of text to posts made by members themselves, and the posting of text to posts made by third parties.
- The term “message” refers to the sending and receiving of individual, private text or images to/from other members on the Site.
III. The Scope of the Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions set forth the terms and conditions of use of the Service.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all users of the Site.
IV. Changes to the Terms and Conditions
- The company reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason at the discretion of the Company.
- The amended Terms and Conditions shall be effective from the time they are displayed on the Site unless otherwise specified by the Company.
- A user’s use of the Service after the amendments made to these Terms and Conditions become effective shall be deemed to constitute said user’s agreement to all of the amended Terms and Conditions.
V. Handling of Personal Information
VI. Secrecy of Correspondence
- The company shall protect the confidentiality of users’ communications in accordance with Article 4 of the Telecommunications Business Act (Act No. 86 of December 25, 1984).
- The company shall not assume the duty of confidentiality set forth in the preceding paragraph in the following cases to the extent specified in the following cases.
- If a compulsory disposition or a court order is made pursuant to the provisions of the Criminal Procedure Code (Act No. 131 of 1948) or the Act on Wiretapping for Criminal Investigation (Act No. 137 of 1999); within the scope of such disposition or court order.
- If a compulsory disposition is made under the law; within the scope of such disposition or court order.
- When the Company determines that the requirements for a request for disclosure based on Article 4 of the Act on the Limitation of Liability for Damages of Specified Telecommunications Service Providers and the Right to Demand Disclosure of Identification Information of the Senders (Act No. 137 of November 30, 2001) have been met; within the scope of such request for disclosure.
- When the Company deems it necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of another person. To the extent necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of another person.
- You must be 13 years of age or older to register as a member of the Service. However, this does not apply to those who are otherwise approved by the Company.
- Those wishing to become a member of the Service, upon agreeing to the contents of these Terms and Conditions, by the method prescribed by the Company, shall be eligible to apply for membership registration.
- A person who has applied for membership registration (hereinafter referred to as the "Applicant") shall become a member at the time the Company approves the application.
- If a member who has registered as a member of the Service wishes to withdraw from the Service, the member shall submit a request for withdrawal of membership to the Company using the method prescribed by the Company.
VIII. Refusal of a Membership Application
- In any of the following cases, the Company may, at its discretion, refuse to accept the membership application of an Applicant.
- If an Applicant applies for membership without using the method described in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article.
- If an Applicant has had their registration forcibly terminated in the past for reasons such as violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any other case that the Company deems to be inappropriate.
IX. Account Ownership
- Each member shall have one account. No one person may have more than one account and no two or more people may jointly hold a single account. However, this does not apply to those otherwise approved by the Company.
- Members are not allowed to transfer or lend their accounts to third parties under any circumstances.
- Members must register their own social media accounts with their own accounts and are forbidden from registering a third party’s social media account(s).
X. Maintenance of the Usage Environment
- Users shall be responsible for the proper maintenance of all equipment, software, and communication methods necessary for the use of the Service at their own risk and expense.
- Users shall take security measures to prevent computer viruses, unauthorized access, and information leaks according to the user's usage environment.
- The company is not involved in, and shall not be responsible for, the environment in which users use the Service.
XI. Advertisements on the Site
- When users use the Service, they are consenting to the Company or a third party displaying any advertisements on the Site, including videos, articles, and any other type of advertisement.
- The relationship between the user and the Company is such that, the user acknowledges that the Company does not guarantee the content of the aforementioned advertisements or the information contained in the linked sites, and uses the advertisements at their own risk.
- When using the Service, users shall not use any software/tool/function that prevents or restricts the display of advertisements on the Site. In the event that such a software/tool/function is used, the Company shall not be liable for any malfunctions of the Service.
XII. User Responsibility
- Users shall use the Service at their own risk, and shall be responsible for any and all actions and consequences of their use of the Service.
- When registering as a member, users will register their name, gender, date of birth, nationality, profile, etc. (including information already registered in their social media accounts, in addition to the information they have entered in their application for membership to the Service). This information will be made available to all users on the Site as account information as long the user has not changed their privacy settings to hide such information. However, the user's name, nationality and some profile information will still be displayed even if users change their privacy settings. The company assumes no responsibility for the content of the registered account and profile information.
- Users are responsible for the contents of the comments, messages, etc. posted by them while using the Service. The company assumes no responsibility for the content posted by a user, including comments, messages, etc. on the Service.
- In the event that a user defames another person, infringes on another person's right to privacy or personality rights, infringes on a user's right of publicity, discloses a third party's personal information to a third party without permission, infringes on intellectual property rights such as trademark rights, violates copyright act (Act No. 48 of May 6, 1970), or otherwise infringes on another person's rights, said user shall be responsible for resolving the matter at his or her own risk and expense, and the Company shall not assume any liability.
- Users acknowledge that the Company has no obligation to store the content of users' posts, comments, messages, etc. made on the Service, and shall back up content as it deems necessary.
- Users shall not engage in any of the following conduct while using the Service. In the event that a user violates any of these prohibitions, the Company may take action including but not limited to: forcible cancellation of membership, suspension of use, editing, modification, or deletion of all or part of the content posted by the user, including the content of comments, messages, or any other content displayed by a user, changing a user's privacy settings.
- Any action that infringes or may infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of the Company or others.
- Any action that infringes or may infringe on the property, privacy, or rights to usage of one's likeness of the Company or others.
- Discriminating against or slander the Company or others, promote unfair discrimination against others, or damage their honor or credibility.
- Use of the Service by claiming to be someone other than themselves, pretending to have right of representation without having such right, pretending to be a proxy while not, or falsely claiming to be affiliated or cooperative with another person or organization.
- Conduct that is connected or likely to be connected to crimes such as fraud, abuse of controlled substances, child prostitution, illegal sale of savings accounts and mobile phones.
- Any of the following acts with regard to content (hereinafter referred to in this section (XIII. f) as “such content”) equivalent to obscenity, child pornography, or child abuse (including cartoon or animation characters, regardless of whether or not they are actual persons):
- The act of posting, commenting, messaging, or displaying such content.
- The act of selling media containing such content.
- The act of posting, commenting, messaging or displaying advertisements reminiscent of the transmission, display or sale of media containing such content.
- Use of the Site for the purpose of sexual or obscene acts.
- Use of the Site for the purpose of meeting people of the same or opposite sex with whom one is not acquainted.
- Inviting or encouraging youth to run away from home.
- Causing people to engage in illegal gambling, or soliciting people to participating in illegal gambling.
- Undertaking, brokering, or soliciting illegal activities (such as the transfer of firearms, manufacture of explosives, provision of child pornography, forgery of official documents, murder, intimidation, etc.).
- Inducing or soliciting another person to commit suicide.
- Post, comment, message, or display any of the following content:
- Content such as images and other information taken at the scene of a person's murder or injury.
- Content such as images of corpses.
- Other content in the same likeness to images depicting atrocities.
- Posting, commenting, messaging, or displaying any of the following:
- Information for the purpose of commercial advertising, promotion or solicitation. However, this excludes the "Profile" section of "MyPage" on the Site and any other content otherwise approved by the Company.
- The act of posting URLs and/or links. However, this excludes the URLs of established post detail pages and article pages, as well as profile URLs and any other URLs approved by the Company.
- Content that includes links to affiliates.
- Content that solicits others to participate in activity including but not limited to: pyramid schemes, chain mail, MLM, pay to surf, etc.
- Information including account numbers of financial institutions.
- Adult sites, one-click fraud sites, viruses and other harmful computer programs.
- Content that the Company judges to be highly likely to be offensive to other users, such as grotesque images.
- Any other content that the Company deems to be inappropriate.
- Posting, commenting, messaging or displaying one's own or a third party's personally identifiable information, such as addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, etc. in a section of the Site that is visible to all users.
- The following acts of spam:
- Spam posting, spam commenting, or spam messaging: The act of one or more users writing the same or similar sentences in all possible areas of the Site.
- Spam words: The act of one or more users posting multiple words or phrases that have little or no relevance in all possible areas of the Site, or posting extremely long sentences or large amounts of words or phrases on the Site.
- Spam linking: The act of one or more users posting, commenting, messaging, or displaying the same URL.
- Any other actions that the Company deems to be spam.
- One person possessing multiple accounts or multiple people jointly possessing one account. However, this does not apply to those otherwise approved by the Company.
- Use of the Service by a person under the age of 12. However, this does not apply to those otherwise approved by the Company.
- Unauthorized rewriting or deletion of information stored in the Company's facilities.
- Sending or posting harmful computer programs such as viruses, etc.
- Any action that burdens the Company's or any other person's server or interferes with the operation of the Service or network systems, or any other conduct that may do so.
- Linking to the Site for the purpose of encouraging conduct, knowing that the conduct falls under any of the preceding items.
- Acts that the Company deems to be in violation of laws, public order, morals, or these Terms and Conditions, or that violate the rights of others.
- Copying, modifying, adapting, translating, reverse engineering, disassembling, decompiling, or creating derivative works of the Service or the content contained in the Service, including video descriptions, images, and videos, without authorization. Or, the elucidation of, or attempts to elucidate, the source code, algorithms, the methods or techniques that make up the Service, or any derivative works thereof.
- Creating an account that impersonates staff, or creating an account that may lead others to believe you are staff, or any actions that may lead to these situations arising.
- Any other act that the Company deems inappropriate.
XIV. The Company’s Authority of Deletion
- In any of the following cases, regardless of whether or not the content posted by a member, including the content of comments, messages, or any other content displayed by the member, is illegal or in violation of these Terms and Conditions, the Company may take adverse action, such as deleting all or part of said content, or changing who can see the content.
- If a user posts, comments, messages, or displays any of the content stipulated in Articles 13.a through 13.z of these Terms and Conditions.
- When a public organization or expert (i.e., the national government, local governments, reliability verification organizations defined in the guidelines of the Act on the Limitation of Liability for Damages of Specified Telecommunications Service Providers and the Right to Demand Disclosure of Identification Information of the Senders, internet hotline centers, lawyers, etc.) points out or expresses the opinion that the content of a post, comment, message, or any other content displayed by a member is illegal, violates public order and morals, or infringes on the rights of others.
- If a person claiming to be the rights holder reports that the content posted by a member, such as the content of a comment, message, or any other content displayed by a member, infringes on their rights. However, the Company will only accept such claims when the person claiming to be the rightful owner presents materials that enable the Company to reasonably determine that he or she is the rightful owner after careful examination.
XV. Changes to the Service
The company may add, change, suspend or terminate the Service, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason at the Company's discretion.
XVI. Notifications From the Company
- When a user uses the Service, the Company will provide the following notifications. Users can reject some notifications using a feature provided on the Site, but even then, the Company may provide notifications at its discretion, taking into account the urgency of a given situation.
- Notifications from the Company to users regarding the Service, such as changes to the content of the Service.
- Notifications about posts made by users that a member follows, and notifications about article uploads to a channel a member follows.
- Notifications about news from the Company displayed on the Site.
- The notifications prescribed in (a) of the preceding paragraph shall be made by sending an email to the email address registered with the Service.
- The notification stipulated in paragraph 1(a) shall be made by any of the following methods that the member may designate.
- By sending an email to the email address registered with the Service.
- By notifying the member through social media accounts and other external social networking services that the user has linked to the Service and given notification permissions to.
- By granting permission through the permission popup displayed on the screen of the browser used by the member, and by granting permission for notifications on the Service's settings page.
- Any other notification methods established by the Company.
- The notification set forth in paragraph 1(c) shall be made via a bulletin on the Site.
- In the event that the Company provides a notification to users via a bulletin on the Service or by email, it shall be effective at the time it is posted on the Service or sent by email.
- The company shall not be held responsible for undelivered emails, the inability to send notifications due to incorrect information registered by members, corrupted text, multiple deliveries of the same email, the inability to send due to malfunction of external social networking sites, etc. at the time of the provision of the notifications stipulated in section 1.
- Users shall be responsible for confirming each of the notifications prescribed in section 1 as occasion demands, and the Company shall not be liable for any damage caused by the user's failure to do so.
XVII. Usage Fees
- Membership registration and basic services are free.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, if a separate agreement is established between the member and the Company, members shall comply with the contents of that agreement.
XVIII. Rights Regarding Posts
Members who use the Service, and post, comment, message, or display content, shall guarantee to the Company that the information in the contents of such posts, comments, messages or displays do not infringe on the rights of a third party. In the unlikely event of a dispute with a third party, the concerned members shall resolve the issue at their own expense and liability, and shall not cause any inconvenience or damage to the Company.
XIX. Consent to Use of Information in the Content of a Post
- The copyright of any information posted, commented, messaged or displayed by a member using the Service belongs to the member who created it.
- The company, within the scope of purposes related to the Service, such as the smooth provision of the Service, the architecture of the Company's system, improvements, maintenance, or advertising for the Service, shall be able to use free of charge, content such as posts, comments, messages, or displays by members.
- Members grant permission to users of the Service and third parties to embed information about their profiles and the content of their posts as links on websites not related to the Service.
- The company shall be able to use the information posted by members, including member information, free of charge in the creation of content within the Service.
- When using the information in sections 2 to 4, the Company may use the information in posts, including member information, as advertising material by trimming or altering the images, editing text, etc. Advertisements will be posted on sites distributed by third party distribution companies, ad networks, and on external SNS services related to the Service.
- The company may omit some of the information or the name of the user when the Company uses the content in the form specified in the preceding paragraph.
- Members should report to the Company if they have any objections to the use of the content posted by the Company. If the Company receives a request from a member, the Company may change the way it uses the content after careful consideration of the information within it.
- On the Service, intellectual property rights, such as copyrights related to the content of the Service, including images and text posted by the Company, unless otherwise specified, belong to the Company or the creator of said content, and members shall not be able to use said content without the Company's permission.
- The company is not involved in the communications or activities of its users, and any disputes between users will be resolved between concerned users and the Company will not be responsible for such disputes.
- The company shall not be liable for any damage caused by the addition or change of the content of the Service, or by the interruption or termination of the Service. The same applies to interruption or suspension of the Service due to reduced display speed or problems caused by excessive access or other unforeseen factors.
- The company is under no obligation to monitor or store content, such as posts, comments, messages, or anything displayed by users.
- The company shall not be responsible for the legality, morality, reliability, or accuracy of the content, comments, messages, or other information posted by users. The company shall not be responsible for ensuring that the content of any posts, comments, messages, or anything displayed by a user conforms to the internal rules of the corporation or organization to which the user belongs.
- The company may alter content, including but not limited to, text and images of posts, comments, messages, and other content displayed by the user, and the Company will not be held responsible for any losses incurred by the user due to such alterations.
- The company is not responsible for the legality, morality, reliability, or accuracy of the content of the articles and other information used on the Site.
- The company assumes no responsibility for the reliability and accuracy of the content of the translations on this website or the automatic translation of information via third-party API tools.
- The company is not responsible for the legality, morality, reliability, or accuracy of sites operated by third parties linked from within the Site.
- The company may view, save, or disclose (hereinafter referred to in this section as "viewing, etc.") to third parties information such as the content of posts, comments, messages, or anything displayed by users under the following circumstances. The company shall not be liable for any damage caused by such viewing, etc.
- If it is necessary to clarify and resolve the cause of technical problems with the Service.
- If the Company receives a formal inquiry from a court, the police, or other public body in accordance with the law.
- In the event that the Company deems it necessary to confirm information, such as the content of a post, comment, message, or anything displayed by a user due to an act that violates or may violate these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Company determines that there is an imminent danger to the life, body, or property of a person and that there is an urgent need to do so.
- If any of the matters listed in Article 6, section 2 apply.
- When it is necessary for the smooth operation of the Site.
- If the Company deems that there are reasonable grounds to believe that an act that violates or may violate these Terms and Conditions has taken place, the Company may terminate the membership of the user who committed said act, delete all or part of the information posted by the user, including posts, comments, messages, or any other content displayed by the user, or change who can see said user's content, etc., but the Company shall not be liable for any damages caused by such actions.
- If these Terms and Conditions fall under a consumer contract as stipulated in Article 2.3 of the Consumer Contract Act (Act No. 61 of May 12, 2000), the provisions of these Terms and Conditions that completely exclude the liability of the Company for damages shall not apply. In this case, if the damage caused to a user is based on default or tort by the Company, the Company shall be liable for damages up to the amount of damage directly suffered by the user. However, this shall be limited to cases where there is intentional or gross negligence on the part of the Company.
- The company is not responsible for any damage caused by the temporary or permanent inability to log in to the Service if any of the following events occur on external social networking services used for social login.
- If a member terminates their social media account.
- In the event of a failure of a social media account.
- If a social media account is suspended or terminated.
- Any changes in social media account specifications or policies.
- Any other instances where social media accounts cannot be used.
XXI. The Validity of these Terms and Conditions
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be invalid under the law, the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall continue to be valid.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions are invalid or revoked in relation to one user, the Terms and Conditions shall still be valid in relation to all other users.
XXII. Handling of Violations of the Terms and Conditions
- If you find a violation of these Terms and Conditions, please report it using the “Contact Us” form.
- In the event that a user is deemed to have violated these Terms and Conditions, or in any other case deemed necessary by the Company, the Company may take the following actions against the user:
- Stop any act that violates these Terms and Conditions and demand that the actions not be repeated.
- Voluntarily request the deletion or correction of information posted by a member, including posts, comments, messages, or any other content displayed by the user.
- Delete all or part of the content of a post by a member, change who can view the content, or make the content not viewable (not public).
- Forced account closure.
- Refuse to accept an applicant's membership application.
- Users may not object to any measures taken by the Company in accordance with Articles 8, 13, 14, or section 2 of this Article, against any acts that violate these Terms and Conditions.
XXIII. Membership Cancellation
If a member wishes to cancel his or her membership, the member shall request that the Company cancel his or her membership using the method prescribed in the Service.
XXIV. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- If there is a need for a lawsuit between a user and the Company, the Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the first hearing.
XXV. Recommended Browsers
To use this site comfortably and safely, we recommend that users use one of the following browsers. However, the Company does not guarantee that the Site will be used or displayed properly in the recommended environment, and even in the recommended environment, the Site may not be used or displayed correctly depending on the combination of operating system and browser or browser settings, and if such an occasion arises, the Company assumes no responsibility.
【Use on Personal Computer】
・Microsoft Edge (latest version)
・Google Chrome (latest version)
・Firefox (latest version)
・Safari (latest version)
・Google Chrome (latest version)
・Firefox (latest version)
【Use on Smartphone】
[iOS (latest version)]
・Safari (latest version)
[Android (latest version)]
・Google Chrome (latest version)
※Feature phones are not supported.
・These Terms and Conditions shall come into effect on August 17, 2020.
・Any action taken by the user prior to the enforcement of these Terms and Conditions shall also be subject to these Terms and Conditions.